ADRC is Here to Help
- adults with physical and developmental disabilities
Reservations are required and can be made by calling the ADRC at (608) 328-9499. Priority is given to older people and people with disabilities. If space is available, we provide transportation to anyone of any age who requests a ride. Reservations can be made at any time, but must be made at least one day prior to the trip.
These are open to any Green County resident with priority given to those age 55+ or disabled. Please call the ADRC at 608-328-9499.
Green County Elder Benefit Specialist Community Visit:
12:30 – 1 PM Albany Riverview Apartments
1:15 – 2 PM Albany Village Hall
Elder Benefit specialists help older adults to understand and access benefits such as Senior Care Medicare, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Social Security, FoodShare, low-income housing and health insurance.
Elder Benefit Specialists serve people age 60 or older.
What can an elder benefit specialist do for you?
- Provide accurate, up-to-date information about a wide variety of programs that cover healthcare, food and other household expenses
- Help you to identify and apply for programs that will best meet your needs
- Assist with an appeal when eligibility or coverage is denied
- Advocate on your behalf with other parties
- Refer you to an appropriate attorney when necessary
Where can I find a benefit specialist?
In Green County, contact Linda Gallagher in the Aging & Disability Resource Center at 328-9366.
Name: Barb Kummerfeldt
Position: Stepping On Peer Leader in New Glarus, WI
“My favorite part of being a peer leader is knowing that I can inspire someone else…..”Good Neighbors Make Good Neighborhoods
- Connects you to others & to the community.
- Brings fun & fulfillment to your life.
- Increases self-confidence, self-esteem, & satisfaction.
- Helps you stay physically healthy.
- Provides a sense of satisfying achievement.