Adult Day Center/Hand in Hand Program
The Adult Day Center/Hand in Hand program for seniors meets Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm in Monroe. The program emphasizes maintaining mental, social, and physical skills through planned daily activities that build knowledge, skills, abilities and strengths. The Adult Day Center provides a safe, secure environment where participants can spend the day with friends out in the community. Many feel it’s a place they can be their “best selves”. The environment is wheelchair accessible and transportation to and from the program is provided.
Services offered at the Hand in Hand Adult Day Center include:
- An inclusive, warm, ‘family’ atmosphere
- Fun physical exercises to keep joints/muscles flexible
- Stimulating mental activities
- Group games
- Delicious full noon meal
- Medication reminders
- Nutritious snacks
- Transportation available
- Musical entertainment
- Community outings
- Local speakers
Positive Outcomes for Participants:
- Foster a sense of belonging, purpose
- Rekindle old hobbies and learn new ones
- Reduce depression
- Improve mental agility
- Build stronger, more flexible joints & muscles
Who can attend?
- Older adults facing health and social changes who want to participate in fun, stimulating, and meaningful activities
What about cost?
- Scholarships available
- Other funding options possible
- Complimentary first visit
Our mission is to provide older adults the opportunity to build and maintain social, cognitive, and physical skills.